It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Beginning of a New Year!

As this year has started there are so many things, when I think about it that I want to do, however, due to Corey's recent unemployment (I know what a way to start off the new year) I'm not sure that many of them will be done, but here's to dreaming and trying right.
Our New Years was pretty dull and boring, we didn't go anywhere just stayed at home, played some games together, and went to bed before midnight.  Yes, we were really boring, but in my defense it was only 3 degrees outside, and honestly who would want to go anywhere with it being that cold?  New Years Day we ventured out to run a few errands and Derek saw this Elk in front of Sportsman's Warehouse.  He referred to it as a Reindeer, when we told him it was an Elk, he said " Oh, Reindeer Elk"  Needless to say we had to take a pictures

Today I had finally gotten to the point that I was tired of not seeing the sun because of all the smog and fog, and I wanted a sort of summer type meal, so we barbecued.  Here are the pictures so that you can see our wonderful masterpieces.  Hamburgers, deviled eggs, fruit salad, and fries, only this was done on a weight watchers friendly style.  Hamburgers with lean ground meat and on wheat buns, Deviled eggs, made with not all the egg yolks and fat free mayonaise, fruit salad made with sugar free vanilla pudding, and homemade baked fries.   Today was my first time actually making homemade fries and deviled eggs, and I thought that they actually turned out really good.  Corey said that he was impressed, so I guess that is a good sign.  Don't worry I didn't actually eat two hamburgers!  Hope the beginning of your new year is going great too.



You gotta love going to the BBQ with four feet of snow around you!