It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Derek turns 3!

Today is Derek's 3rd Birthday and I'm in complete shock.  It amazes me that is that old.  It seems like just a couple of months ago we were bringing him home from the hospital.  So here are a few pictures so that I can reminise about the fact that I'm losing my little baby to becoming a little boy!

Derek's first baby picture!  Oh, he was so cute!

I can hardly believe that he really was this big as a baby 9 lbs 6oz.


This is how Derek and Corey slept quite often when Derek was a baby, sometimes, it was the only way Derek would sleep!
Derek's 1st Birthday

Derek's 2nd Birthday
And this is what he looks like today.
 We are going to have our family party on Sunday so that all of his Aunt's, Uncles, Cousins, and Grandparents can be there.  Good thing he is still to little to know the difference!  I know he is getting bigger and I love watching him grow and learn so many different things.  Lately he is obsessed with learning his letters.  However, just this morning he came up to me and asked to snuggle, we did and well I just love it, so at least I'm not losing my baby completely right.  Thank you to all of you for being such a wonderful part of Derek's life.  He is truly the wonderful kid that he is not just because of his parents but also because of the others that help teach him, it really does take a village to raise a child.  Thank you!

No comments: