One of Corey's favorite memories as a child, was his Dad taking him to the Monster Jam every year. This was something that they used to to do together every year, and it was a tradition that he wanted to pass on to his kid. I told Corey when Derek was born that he would at least have to wait until Derek was three, because then he would at least be old enough to kind of enjoy it. I started looking for tickets a while ago, and then regrettably had to admit that we weren't going to be able to afford it this year with Corey being laid off, so I had to go to plan B. Plan B consisted of me entering every contest I could find for the tickets, and believe it or not I won. Thank you cuckooforcoupons.com. I won four tickets, but I decided not to go, because I honestly wanted this to be a father/son event. I wanted Corey to experience what he had always wanted to do, since he found out he was going to have a son. We did have two extra tickets, so he gave those to one of his good friends from school, who has helped us so many times fix our vehicles and help save us some money. I spent my night with an order of lettuce wraps from PF Changs, a book, and some taped shows that I had missed this past couple of weeks, and I must admit I enjoyed myself as well, but after a couple of hours I was missing my boys. However, that night was one of those days that I really wished Corey's Dad Les was still around, I would have loved for Corey to have been able to call his Dad and told him that the tradition was being passed on. I know Les probably got to see it from above, but it is just one of those things.
Here are a couple of pictures that Corey took.
 |
| Waiting for the show to start, notice he is holding is very own Monster Truck! |
 |
| I Love seeing these two together, Corey said he didn't let go of that truck all night. |
 |
| I made Corey promise that he would keep earplugs in his ears all night, and it looks like he did. |
 |
| Cammy and Jeremy Peterson, I'm glad they had a fun time, I know they were a lot of help to Corey with Derek. |
 |
| This is what they were watching, a bunch of trucks crash as Derek told me this morning. |
Corey said these were taken when the trucks get to do a freestyle, which includes lots of doughnuts, big jumps, and crashes. Derek loved it so much and couldn't wait to tell me about it this morning when he woke up.
 |
| I think they were having fun, what do you think? |
 |
| Isn't he just so cute! |
No comments:
Post a Comment