It is Valentine's Day which means it is time to gloat about my husband. Recently I've had a couple of acquaintances talk to either myself or my wonderful husband about their marital problems, and it just makes us sad. However, there is something positive that comes from it, we keep taking a deeper look into our marriage as well. Obviously, it is better to learn from others mistakes, than our own. One thing that we have realized is that we are best friends. I can honestly say that, he is my best friend, even though there are times that I like him more than others. That is not to negate the importance of so many other relationships I have, but honestly deep down I know that I can always go to my husband. So today I say THANK YOU, to my best friend. Thank you for being so wonderful, and for understanding me(how I will never know). You have always been my rock in the good times and bad, in the times of plenty and in the times of famine. Thank you for being the father of my son, and for setting such a wonderful example to him. Thank you for always listening to me, even when I've told you the same thing over and over again. Thank you for letting me cry on your shoulder when I'm scared or nervous. Thank you for being my worthy priesthood holder and trusting me the way you do. I know that in our five years of marriage we have both changed, but thank you for changing with me. I truly believe that because of you I'm a better person (don't forget I still have a long way to go). You are so wonderful, and I love you more and more everyday. So to infinity and beyond, shotgun no rocks, and from here to eternity. I will love you forever Happy Valentine's Day. ~Nikki~
No comments:
Post a Comment