This past week has actually been a pretty quiet one. Derek has his three year old appointment. He was 37 inches tall (40%) weighed 27 pounds (6.5%) and was completely healthy. I realized that last year I only took Derek to the Doctors office twice while he was two once for his check-up and the other for his flu shot, so I felt very blessed. It has been really nice to not have to visit the doctor all the time (especially since Obama Care, completely jacked up our insurance, no pent up aggressions at all ;). Derek has started a tumbling class with his cousin. They do all sorts of jumping, practice to different tricks like somersaults and flips. I signed Derek up for this because well, he needed to be getting out of the house a little more, and I was apparently a terrible teacher, because my kid couldn't even do a somersault. He loves it and calls it his jumping class. Corey and I were just talking the other night how weird it is now with Derek, we have complete conversations with him. It makes things tougher and easier all at the same time. But oh how we love him!
We just keep waiting for Corey to get a job, but he is such a good stay at home Dad, I honestly will be sad to have him gone all the time. We have been very blessed that he has been getting extra shifts at Pizza Hut, it is nothing glamorous but it is a job and we can't ask for more than that. Beggars can't be choosers right? Corey and I have had some wonderful nights staying up late and just talking. Don't get me wrong, I hate it when Corey is laid off, but there are some perks. Corey and Derek become closer each time, and so do Corey and I. We get to talk about everything! It honestly brings our friendship closer together. Each time I get a little more frugal (frugal is a nicer word than cheap) and we learn to live on less. We have been so grateful for all those who have been willing to help out and watch Derek, when Corey and my schedules conflict, you will never know how big of a relief that brings to us. So for everyone please pray for Mother Nature to be nice to us, and warm up, so that all of these jobs that are "pending" can start because the ground isn't so frozen. Hopefully if we are lucky Corey can get on a job with the possibility of overtime that way we can hopefully build up a savings account again.
2 comments:
i have the most wonderful recipe for a cream soup substitute made with powdered milk. Everyone loves it, even those who don't like powdered milk. It can be used as a gravy or to bind cassseroles together or addd cheese and it can be used tons of ways.
OH please send it to me, I have quite a bit of powdered milk! Thanks
Post a Comment