It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

An Update





These last couple of weeks have quite a roller coaster. Corey was laid off from his job with Rydalch Electric. I honestly can't say that I was shocked but I wasn't expecting it quite yet. So the picture below is of Corey trying very hard to make me laugh with his incredibly long hair. Luckily Cedar has since remedied this problem (Thanks Ceds). Corey has had such a good attitude about all of this and of course working hard to keep my spirits up. In case you didn't know I'm the pessimist most of the time and Corey is the optimist, at there is one of each right. Corey has found part-time work with his old company Loomis, this is the company that he worked at before he worked for Rydalch. The economy is playing a horrible game with us but I know that we can overcome all of these challenges. On Sunday Corey and I had quite the spiritual experience. We fasted with many members of our family, paid our tithing, and just prayed. Even with all the commotion with the Superbowl we somehow found peace. Corey was called and asked to work his job at Pizza Hut and although he didn't not really want to work on Sunday we have to take any opportunities that we can.

Derek has gotten so many teeth lately and his favorite thing to do is to show them off. Every time Derek sees the camera come out these are the smiles that we get and honestly I just can't help but laugh. He is always my best medicine for a bad day. Some of these pictures were taken when we went to go see Carol and Joe in Wyoming after Joe's accident. Derek is quite the entertainer. and one of our favorite past times is to make him laugh and giggle so hard that he gets the Hiccups. Unfortunately for him lately his problem of weight gain is still here. Derek supposedly suffers from Acid Reflux. He has been put on an antacid and that different work so now they have added another medicine to his regiment. The medicine makes all of us have to be on a very strict schedule but as long as he gets better I don't really care. Needless to say we are going to be okay and everything will work out (don't worry I still have to tell myself this everyday, but honestly I do believe it.) How grateful I am for such wonderful family

4 comments:

Christina said...

I am so sorry to hear about Corey! I am glad that you guys are trying to keep things in a positive perspective. I will keep your family in my prayers!!! And Derek is SO adorable!!!! If he is anything like his parents, I am sure he is a ham! Good luck with everything!

Nancy Seaman said...

Have you got big plans for his birthday? We want to see photos. G-dad shows everyone his changing pic frame.

emily+brett said...

I know you have a better attitude than you think you do. I know it's hard not to get down when something so horrible happens but you know it will all work out in the end.

Rich and Vic said...

I hate to break it to you Nicks but that smile is a "gene" issue, the whole Cattell clan has it, anyone of them sees a camera and all you see is TEETH !! But hey it's a good thing (most of the time) Can't wait to see ya'll

Love Mama V (vickie)