So we went off to Grandma Carol and Grandpa Joe's house this weekend. With Joe's latest developments of his broken foot and hand we decided that we should head off to Wyoming to see them and make sure that their were no unfinished projects that didn't need to be done. Joe has this really bad habit of even though he shouldn't be doing something he will do it just because it needed to be done. It is good that he is determined but it also can come and bite him in the butt. So here we are doing some weatherstripping and other odd and ends projects just trying to make them more comfortable and Joe more relaxed.
So we left Friday a little later than we wanted and just in case any of you wondered a 11 month old does not travel well for very long. He was definitely good but wanted out and we had to have much longer "potty" breaks so that he could move around and play. We tried the laptop with a movie trick and it worked kind of. He did better than he would have but well he has a short attention span. So basically we didn't get to their house until midnight and we left about 4:30. It was a lot longer drive than we would have liked and the ride home will probably be the same but oh well, we will find the joy in the journey right?
Carol has made her home very cute and homey with their limited amount of space. It is nice to finally see her house to because now I know a little bit more about what they are talking about. when she is describing something. Derek is of course having fun with his Grandma.
On a completely different subject my parents sold their house and honestly I'm a little sad. I grew up in that house and even lived their for a time after I got married. I am very excited for them to be able to build a fun new house but their are so many memories in that house though that it will definitely be hard to leave. I'm also really not excited about moving all their stuff out. Well this is long enough and I've bored everyone to tears so I will say so long for now. Love to ya'll.
1 comment:
The Coates are buying a new house also. They want room for when the grandchildren come to visit. Everyone can be assured we here at the compound are going nowhere for a long while (hopefully)
Post a Comment