Warning: This will be a long post.
The last couple of weeks have been quite the roller coaster ride for us, there has been so much changing in our lives that I just don't even know where to begin.
First: Our landlord has decided to put the house on the market, which really put me into a tissy! In case any of you don't know, I really don't like having a dirty house. It is not because I'm afraid what others are going to think of me but it just makes me feel dirty. But lets be honest I don't have all the time in the world and spending time with my family is way more important and sometimes feels scarce so the thought of having to spend my precious time to clean my house so it is ready to show bothers me. I hate having people walk through my house. I know that if it was me trying to sell my own house I would probably feel different but because of the situation I'm in I hate it. I hate the feeling of not knowing, I hate the feeling of wondering what is going to happen and where we will end up. Now this is not the first time that Corey and I have gone through this. When we lived in American Fork, our Landlord did the exact same thing. So all of those feeling from before just came flooding back. Needless to say it looks like things are going to be "OK." I always know it is going to be OK but honestly this time felt like I had just been stabbed in the back. I didn't see this challenge coming we have been dealing with Corey being out of work for the last 6 months, and honestly I just wasn't seeing this being part of the picture. I had felt like I had had enough stress to last me a lifetime lately. But as things always do, we were blessed that some friends are going to let us rent their basement apartment. I know it will be a change because it will be quite a bit smaller than where we areright now, but it is also cheaper, which means that we will have more of an opportunity to be able to save, which means we could actually, possibly, one day buy our own house. I'm grateful for friends, and I'm grateful that we get to stay around friends. I really didn't want to move out of our ward, and I really didn't want Derek to be moved away from his friends. He has some amazing friends and they play so well together, I wasn't wanting to take that away from him, at least not quite yet. So I guess this really was the Lord's way of helping us, but it just took us a little while to realize it.
Corey still doesn't have a job, this layoff, that we were told would last 6-8 weeks at the most has now lasted 6 months. This has been so hard, because it wasn't Corey's fault that he got laid off, but for as good as a worker as Corey is you wouldn't think it would have been this hard. We have been blessed with a few temporary 1 week jobs, that at least help carry us along. Hopefully with a lot of faith and prayers this will end soon. I'm so lucky to have him though as he has helped kept me grounded through everything. He truly has such an amazing testimony of the gospel, during my moments he reminds that the Lord really is in charge.
My brother was recently sealed to his beautiful wife in the Temple. This sealing really touched me for some reason. I truly felt that there were "others" of those who had gone before there witnessing this wonderful occasion. Just like there wedding it was a very small quiet event with only family members and their wonderful Bishop in attendance. The Sealer was so cute and said a couple of things that really taught me more about the temple and purpose behind it. I hope Jen is now ready to be stuck with our family for eternity, because heaven knows she is going to need all the help she can get to handle us. I was so impressed and proud of her for being able to wear her Wedding Dress, a year later and she could still fit into it, that is amazing in my book. This day really made me feel like my parents family was truly complete. We have now all been sealed in the temple for time and all eternity to our wonderful spouses, and our children are being raised in the gospel. It truly is a great thing.
We have been able to spend a lot of fun together with all of my family lately. How lucky I am to have such amazing parents, sisters, and brothers.
Last weekend we did a whirl wind weekend to Wyoming to see Corey's parents. Joe is doing fairly good right now, but we never know when that is going to change. I love the relationship that Joe and Derek has, they are so funny together and just have a lot of fun. Corey and I had felt that we needed to head over to make sure that Derek and Joe got to have some time together while both were still good and healthy. It was a weekend pretty much filled with Driving but some fun time together we went to the Casper Art Festival known as the Nic Fest. We had a picnic in the park, had huckleberry sundaes, and did a little bit of work around Their house, including installing the window air conditioning units. Sadly however, me being terrible at taking pictures many times, I didn't take any pictures oh well.
Derek has been doing wonderfully, he is loving summer and loving that all of his friends are home all day. They spend countless hours outside playing and riding their bikes. I seriously think that Derek could easily be logging 5 miles a day on his tricycle. You should see just how fast he can ride that thing. Well that is all for today, hopefully you weren't to bored reading this.
1 comment:
I love your blog!
Post a Comment