It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mom and Dad's 31st Wedding Anniversary

Manti LDS Temple
Thirty-one years ago, My wonderful parents were married here.  I feel so lucky to have such incredible parents who from the very beginning taught me to make the right choices and one of those included being married for Time and All Eternity, in the Temple.  I love this temple, and all the history that it contains, from the early pioneers to the beginnings of my family.  So, as their children we decided to do something for the anniversary this year.  This was really the first year that all of their children and their spouses were all together in the Temple.  I realize that this probably should have happened sooner, but hey we all get distracted with life, and we just had never all taken the time to make this happen. It took a lot of planning, and a big thank you for all those who helped take care of the kids so we could make this happen.  We tried to keep this a surprise for as long as we could, and considering that none of us are all that great at keeping secrets especially from Mom, I thought we did a really good job.  We told them about a month before that they couldn't plan anything on that Saturday but that they would find out later what we were doing.  We told them the night before so that they could be prepared and dressed, and they were excited but I don't think it hit any of us until we were all sitting in the chapel waiting for our session to start.
This is a picture of the Sealing Room where my parents were married.  Photo taken from http://www.moroni10.com/LDS/Temple_Tour/Sealing_Room.html


 While waiting in the Chapel and listening to the Hymns being played, I was awestruck at the magnificent beauty that was apart of this temple.  You can read a little bit more of the history of the temple here.  http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/manti/  The picture of the Sealing room is amazing to me, as my parents were married here, with just a very few close friends and family.  This room is so small that they don't even use it anymore it is basically just to look at now. It was really neat to have the opportunity for them to show us where they were married and to hear these words come out of my Dad mouth "You know that day (referring to their wedding day) was really neat but today is even better."  I'm so glad that I got to spend this time with them and that we will always have these memories.

Mom and Dad
All of us girls

Corey and I in front of the Manti Temple

The Whole Family Together

I think Dad was a little excited.

No comments: