It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Traditions!

For many LDS Families General Conference is a time of traditions, and our family fits right into that.  One of the traditions that my mom started when we were little was that on Sunday morning she would make homemade cinnamon rolls, and of course now I have to carry that tradition for my family, especially Corey!  These cinnamon rolls are really only made three times a year, General Conference and Christmas.
Add caption

 Last time I blogged I wrote about my homemade bread endeavor, so I tried it again, and it still worked, so here you go.  My husband and son are loving it, and plus I get a few that I get to give away!
 This morning we woke up to lots of snow (so much for all that yard that was done this weekend).  Corey actually left the house around 3am for different fire calls relating to down power lines and transformer fires.  He didn't even get home till almost noon.  Oh Well, he loves it and I at least know that I got someone great looking out for our house.  Although I'm afraid our apricot trees didn't fair as well.  They started blooming yesterday, so who knows if we will actually get anything.  So different from Yesterdays 60 degrees.

Corey came home from Priesthood Session, so high on life.  He said that he had made a promise to himself to make sure that he taught Derek what his Priesthood responsibilities would be even before Derek became a Deacon.  Oh how grateful I am for my worth priesthood holder and him magnifying his calling as a father, I feel so blessed.  He also came home and told me of a quote that President Thomas S. Monson said "choose who you love and love your choice"  Well he said that he choose me and he is still loving his choice.  I thought about that a little bit, and it reminded me again, how lucky I am to have such a wonderful husband who not only loves me, but loves his family and the Lord.  I'm such a lucky girl!  By the way honey, I choose you, and I'm still loving my choice too!

4 comments:

nancy said...

I haven't made bread in forever. Your's looks yummy!

daisy k said...

That is the YUMMIEST bread EVER!!! Thank you for thinking of me - you are the sweetest friend ever!! I am trying to think of a treat to send your way... but I am not really talented that way :)

Corey and Nikki Preston said...

Kaye, the last thing that you need to do is send me any treats, I just wanted to thank you for being such an awesome friend, you really helped me a lot this week. Now that I have adjusted to this schedule I will be fine, last weekend was just rough.

The Ben Dance Fam said...

Good job on the bread! I am impressed!!!