So this is my early Mother's Day present. I have been wanting a piano basically since we got married, but even more since we moved here. When I was young I played all the time and took piano lesson's for 9 years. And although you would think with all those years I would be really good, the fact is I'm really not. However, I can play most hymns and primary songs. Corey had taken it upon himself to start looking through the KSL classifieds to find me a used one since heaven knows it will be years upon years before we could ever afford a new one. So this is what he found. I realize it still needs some TLC but Corey has promised me that it will happen. We haven't gotten it tuned yet, and well it needs it so bad, plus middle C is broken. But that shouldn't take much. I'm so excited to have a piano in my home. I was telling Corey it just makes our home feel even more like a home. So that is the latest in our house, unfortunately our lives are pretty boring with Corey working as many night shifts at Pizza Hut that he can get and me working full time, we honestly don't see each other that much. Although I will say that I appreciate my family even that much more. I just can hardly wait to come home see Corey and Derek and just spend time together. I will admit however, that I have become a little more of softy with Derek, he gets to stay up a little later sometimes, because Mommy just doesn't want to put him to bed, she just wants to play with her sweet 3 year old. But that is my right, right, you know why because I'm the Mom!
3 comments:
The piano looks great. Your right, sometimes it just doesn't seem like a home until you hear those white keys playing a tune. What a great gift. Hope all is well
That is so sweet! I can't wait to have a piano in my house. One of my favorite memories from being little was my mom playing the piano. Enjoy!
When we lived in Jax we had a beautiful old piano that did not have middle C. An elder on his mission who was a concert pianist still made beautiful music come out of it. I know you will love your piano as much as we loved that one.
Post a Comment