It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Monday, April 11, 2011

I Love to See the Temple!

The Mount Timpanogos Temple.  This is where Corey and I were married.
Corey and I were so happy to have the opportunity to go to the temple this past weekend.  One of Corey's really good friend from work went back to the temple for the first time in several years.  We were honored that they would ask us to go with the to the temple, and it was a testimony building experience for me.  This couple Jeremy and Cammy hadn't been to the temple in close to seven years, they had to work really hard at getting their temple recommends back, and being worth to enter the house of the Lord.  As I watched them enter the celestial room, with tears running down their cheeks, it was so neat to watch them hug, and you know what they were whispering to each other was something to the fact of "never again"  You could tell that their lives had truly changed.  They weren't ever going to let the blessing of temple attendance not be in their lives again.  I loved it, and it just reminded me one more time, how important it is for me to live worthily to hold a temple recommend and never let it go.  I have always been so impressed with Corey's grandfather who has never let his temple recommend expire, even though due to his physical limitations, he will probably never again enter the walls of a temple.  He truly has set the example for Corey and I to always, no matter what, never let it lapse.  My mother has also been an amazing example to me, ever since the Mount Timpanogos temple opened and I'm sure even before that, I remember my mother attending the temple every week.  I know that there were some weeks where it probably didn't happen but as a general rule, I always remember her going, and I know she still does it today.  Now, unfortunately, my life and schedule don't permit me to go that often, but because of her example, I at least try to go every month.  And honestly because of her, when I have missed a month I feel guilty, because I know if she can make it every week, I should be able to make it at least once a month.  Even more importantly I'm grateful for my husband who while we were in the Temple, grabbed my hand and told me that everything was going to be okay.  So even though we wonder sometimes how we are going to make it with him being out of work, we know that somehow we will be okay.   Thank you Nate and Jen for watching Derek and letting Corey and I go, we desperately needed it.
This weekend really was a wonderful one, we had a wonderful time at the temple, we were able to just spend some time together and have fun.  Derek was in a great mood all weekend which of course made it even that much more fun.  It is weekends like these however that remind me how grateful I am for eternal families.  I'm go grateful for my eternal marriage to sweetheart and the wonderful blessing that it is to know that we really can be a family forever.

1 comment:

Stacia Cummings said...

I just found your blog! I didn't know there was a Derek Preston. He is adorable. I hope you don't mind me spying on you.;)