It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Absence makes the Heart grow fonder
So this week Corey was blessed with the opportunity to work what is called a short call. This is just a job that only lasts a week, however, it doesn't affect where they are at on the list. We were so blessed, because it has lots of opportunity for overtime and well I will be honest we just need the money. However, the down side to this job was that it was up in Ogden, Utah which is about 2 hours away. Of course Corey took the job, and we thought initially that we were just going to have to find a cheap hotel, because after working a 12 hour day, it would just be to much to have to drive 2 hours home only to sleep for maybe five hours then wake up and drive another 2 hours, so you get my point. My Uncle Tony was so kind as to offer his home up to Corey, and honestly I think that he probably is getting treated better there than he does at home. My Aunt Becky even made him a Pecan pie, I have tried several times to make one, and I always somehow ruin it, but Becky can make an amazing one, so she surprised him with one and well lets just say he was in Heaven. But having him out of town for several days is also different. Since Corey and I have been married the longest we were ever away from each other was 3 days, and that was long before we had Derek. Now Derek and Corey are best buds, and Derek is completely adjusted to just having his Daddy home. So is it a little weird at our house not having Daddy home. Derek asks all the time when Daddy is coming home and sometimes will just break down crying you ask him what is wrong and you get "I just miss my Daddy" It always completely breaks me down and I start crying with him. Although, once again it does remind me just how much I love my husband. I'm so lucky to have my very best friend in the whole world be my husband and my eternal companion. He is definitely my better half, and I'm so grateful that he is such a wonderful husband and father. It has been interesting for him as well though, he has had others who have basically alluded to the fact that they are excited to have time away from their families (because they just want their own personal time), and that is just not the case for us and they wonder why. Well, I can tell you why, I married my best friend and I have an amazing husband!! So here is my tribute to you babe, I love you, I miss you, and Derek and I can't wait for you to come home Saturday night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
:)!
Post a Comment