It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fire Academy

The fire academy is finally done!  As many of you well know, back in Georgia Corey was a full-time firefighter and was even an instructor.  When we moved to Utah his certifications didn't transfer, so unfortunately that little hobby of his came to a screeching halt, because honestly I just didn't have the couple thousand dollars it would have taken to send him to the fire academy nor did he have the time off available.  When we moved here, things had a pleasant turn of events.  First they had a volunteer department and they were more than excited to have Corey (an actually experienced firefighter) join their department.   Secondly, they sponsored him to attend night training and regain all of his certification.  I was so happy to be able to let Corey go back and be apart of something that he loves, and honestly had wanted to do since he was a very little boy.  It was a lot of sacrafice in hours away from  home, but honestly I have to say it was worth it.  I won't lie and say that I loved having him be gone so much, and I won't lie and say that I don't worry about him at all while he is gone, but I know Corey is loving this and I love to be able to support him on it.  Corey has sacraficed so much for me, including his hometown so that we could live in my home state and be closer to my family.  I love him for that, and if I can "reward" him with giving him his favorite past time, who am I to say No.  Isn't he a good looking guy, don't worry he has already warped Derek.  Derek loves Firetrucks and thinks his Daddy is just the coolest guy alive.
Isn't he so sexy, I particularly like the boots!
Derek loves to go down with Corey to fire station so he can see the trucks.  Corey would take him down when he had to get his gear for class.  This at least gave them some one on one bonding time, and some along time for Mommy.
Sorry these pictures aren't the best, they were taken with Corey's phone.

No comments: