
Yesterday was Father's Day! It was Corey's first father's day as a Dad, it definately brings a different meaning to the day when you are actually a parent. We spent the day at my parent's house where we made a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings, plus chocolate cake. We just spent the day talking and having fun with all the family. It was nice to have everybody there, family and not quite yet family but might as well be. The picture above is a typical stroller ride for Derek. He loves going out for stroller rides and walks with his Dad. Corey absolutely loves being a dad and loves being with his baby. He always gets so excited when he is the one who gets to pick him up from the babysitter (aka Grandma Hatch) but he just loves having his one on one time and keeps talking about he can't wait until he can teach him to fish, hunt, and all of the rest of those manly things.
So I have decidesd that I have lost the battle of the thumb at least for now. When I decided that I was going to attempt to stop this little habit of his, He started not sleeping as well, however, it took me a while to realize what was going on. Derek used to only wake up once a night and after the war started he was waking up several times a night. I was bewildered by this but now understand that the thumb was the way that he would soothe and keep himself asleep. So I have surrendered until July 1st when he has a doctor's appointment and we can see what the Doc thinks. I just have to be able to sleep some, I'm definately not on maternity leave anymore. So if anyone has any great ideas feel free to let me know. Because I'm lost and well I guess I am giving up but I don't know what else to do.
Corey has moved job sites he is now at BYU which is great because he is nice and close to home. His company currently has most of there job sites in Ogden, UT which is about 2 hours away from our house. so we are just lucky that they are still keeping him close to the house. We pray that this job drags out long enough for another job site to open up. Keep us in your prayers for this because well we can't afford that long of a commute at over $4 a gallon.
1 comment:
Gretchen sucked her thumb for awhile but decided on her own to give it up. I can't wait to hear what the doctor says, to see if things have changed since Helen and Jennifer were thumb-sucking babies.
Post a Comment