This day started out with visiting a pioneer grave, Stopping by "Rock in The Glen" and then going to a picnic and play at the Ayers Natural Bridge., This is the only Natural Bridge in the U.S. that expands over flowing water. The Bridge arch above the water is 50' high and 100' long and is surrounded by red sand stone.
| This picture was taken on the way to Ayres Natural Bridge at a place called "Rock in The Glen" where pioneers heading west camped and carved their names in the limestone. |
| Ayres Natural Bridge |
| Derek said the water was really cold, but felt really good. |
| Trying to skip rocks. |
Day 8 - It's time to come home!
The very first night Derek was heartbroken because he had forgotten "Dusty." Dusty is a stuffed animal that he sleeps with every night and he had left him at home. So Carol improvised and gave him "Billy" Corey's old Cabbage Patch Doll to sleep with and he seemed ok with that.
On the last morning Carol overhead something, This is how Carol wrote what she saw "I heard Derek talking to someone this morning and discovered him and Billy having breakfast together. Derek is telling Billy that it is their last morning together and that he hopes they won't miss each other too much... That they can see each other when he Face Times Grandma Carol."
I was so excited to see my sweet little Derek in Rock Springs that I forgot to take any pictures but I promise it was a happy reunion. All week long it was very quiet at my house, and Jake truly learned to walk as Derek was not their to drag him around or impede his progress. But something definitely was missing. It also made me even more grateful that my family is forever that we were sealed in the Temple and that we will be together forever in Heaven one day
Thank you Carol for being such an amazing Grandma and spending this amazing quality time with Derek he loved it and has many memories that I'm sure he will treasure forever. He is still excited to come again next year.
1 comment:
Thank you for letting me have him for the week. As someone who did not have the opportunity to get to know her own grandparents, this was so special for me. And although I was a little worn out and went to bed earlier, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I had so much fun and hope that he remembers this time with great fondness the rest of his life.
Post a Comment