It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012



This Thanksgiving we really had a lot of fun, Grandma Carol came down and I cooked a big meal.  I was still at the stage where any thought of a big trip was about to make me sick to my stomach and during my first trimester I seemed to get car sick really easy.  Plus with Corey and I still had to work so we really appreciated her making the drive.  Dinner was great and then we had lots planned for the next couple of days. That night Corey and I went Black Friday shopping while Grandma Carol stayed home with Derek and put together a gingerbread house and wrote letters to Santa.  Corey and I were so proud of ourselves, we got everything that we wanted and we were home by 1am.  That isn't bad wouldn't you say.   The following day we had a couple more errands to run and we put up the Christmas tree where Derek made Grandma Carol help and well lets just say that isn’t her favorite part of Christmas and well Corey and I just laughed.  Later that night Corey had to do his civic duty with the fire department and be at the cities Pond Town Christmas lighting so of course we had to accompany him.  It was pretty cold but we had a lot of fun.  Afterwards we went to the Christmas Light Parade in Spanish Fork and then afterwards it was time to head down to Wendy's for a quick bite to eat especially since by that time it was 8:30.  The following evening we took Grandma Carol up to Salt Lake City and Temple Square to see all the lights at Temple Square which she had never done before.  We had so much fun and it was so fun to see all the fun lights.  It seemed like the perfect way to start the Christmas season. 



Derek picking out his Gingerbread house to do with Grandma Carol!

Corey very much so enjoying Thanksgiving Dinner I swear I was full for a week.


Pond Town Christmas

Spanish Fork's Christmas Parade









On  our way up to Salt Lake we had to stop by Pei Wei for some lettuce wraps these are Caro's and my favorites







Derek playing in the fountain at The Gateway










These were the Candy windows that were always apart of the old ZCMI center mall I was so excited that Macy's decided to bring them back, lots of memories of these.  They change every year.





No comments: