It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Heber Creeper

This past Saturday we took Derek to The Heber Valley Railroad, otherwise know as the Heber Creeper.  It is an old train that you can ride.  Derek absolutely loves trains and gets so excited everytime he sees or hears one.  We have had a gift certificate to go for a while, but we waited until the fall so we could be able to see all the beautiful colors of Fall.  We got to ride on an open air car and Derek had so much fun.  In fact he would get mad when we asked to take his picture because that was interrupting him.  He loved going around the lake and being able to see all the boats, birds, and animals.  It really was so much fun, and we had a great time.  Corey and I decided that we would try to take him every year just as long as he was still interested in trains.


 The scenery was beautiful and I just loved being able to see the countryside.

 When we got to the end of the line, the engine had to separate and come around so that it could pull us back to the station, Derek thought this was just so cool. 



The mountains were so pretty and we just loved seeing all the fall colors.  I know these pictures don't do it justice but it is the best that I could do. 

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hey, if you had a great camera like "someone" has, just think of all the great pics you could have taken,

Corey and Nikki Preston said...

If you only knew!

Nancy Seaman said...

I think the pics are great!