Yep, the race goes on, we are still potty training and many times it is a race to get to the bathroom in time so Derek doesn't wet his pants. Since the first couple of days though Derek won't poop in the toilet, you would think this is what he would want to take care of the most. It is almost comical though when he does do it, because he turns to you says he is "poopy" then waddles to the bathroom. Just like a mom who has just had her lap completely smothered in puke. We keep reminding him that we have to go in the toilet not in our "underwears" but I don't know how well this is working.
Corey recently was blessed with a temporary job, this is not the regular work that he is used to, and he is still on the out of work list with the union but at least this is something. All of the sudden he went from not working and staying at home all day with Derek to working a crazy amount of hours. However, we can't complain we had been praying that somehow Heavenly Father would speed up the out of work list or something would happen because honestly we didn't know how we were going to be able to pay all of our bills this month. Heavenly Father does hear and answers our prayers I will admit this wasn't exactly how I had hoped that it would happen, but it is a job and it is paying our bills what more can we ask for, right? Currently for the next couple of weeks Corey is working a graveyard shift and I hate it. It has only been a couple of days but I already miss my husband. We see each other for maybe an hour each day, He gets home somewhere between 4-5 am and goes to bed in the guest bedroom so that Derek and I don't wake him up. I wake him up about 11:30 am so that we can at least have lunch together as a family. I leave after lunch and he is with Derek for about another hour before he takes him to the babysitter and goes back to bed for a two hour nap, then it is off to work for him before I get home. We both don't really like it but we understand that the Lord has blessed us and beggars can't be choosers.
So if you have any great ideas on either how to get a little boy to poop in the toilet instead of his underwear or how to deal with the graveyard shift please feel free to let me know. Thanks so much to all of you who have offered so much love and support during Corey's layoffs it really does help and makes a difference.
2 comments:
Sienna had a problem pooping in the potty too, and now that we are potty training Sierra, she's having an issue too. What we were told by another mom that worked wonders for Sienna, and is starting to work for Sierra is giving them their "privacy" when they are on the potty. Aka, we leave the bathroom and leave the door open just a crack so we can keep tabs on them, and then tell them to call us when they need us to wipe them. Of course you need to be prepared to clean up toilet paper that's been unrolled, or torn off and thrown on the floor, or whatever other meschief they'll find to get into, but the end result is that they will start pooping in the potty and not in their pants. It actually worked pretty quick for Sienna, like within a day or 2. Sierra is still so touch and go with the whole potty training, I don't know what her deal is. :) Hang in there. I'm right here with you. I hate potty training.
Well, I did potty train over 50+ kids. However, as the mother-in-law I will stay out of this since I offered my suggestions at the beginning of the training. Know that I will keep my fingers crossed and say my prayers for a successful outcome.
Love you!!!
Post a Comment