It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.
Friday, August 20, 2010
My husband the housewife!
So as many of you know about 5 weeks ago, Corey was laid off. This was a bittersweet moment for him. Corey hates the fact that he is not out doing his fatherly duty of bringing home a paycheck but he loves the fact that he just gets to be at home with Derek. Corey has told me on numerous occasions if I really wanted to I could go to work full time makes lots of money and he would be happy to stay at home with the kids. If only he was a better cook, Just kidding! Derek and Corey are the best of friends, in fact Derek often refers to Corey as "Buddy" he will tell his buddy to come on or do this or that and really how can you turn that down. I know this is a good thing though because hopefully this relationship continues on will he is a teenager and they can talk like Father and Son are suppose too. This really is such a fun exchange to watch but it does come with a downfall. What you ask, I'm starting to get really nervous for Derek when Corey does finally gets that call and has to go back to work. Currently when I come home from work everyday and he will tell me what him and Daddy did and ever since he got to ride in the parade in a firetruck Daddy is even that much more cool. I will be so excited for Corey to get a job because our budge won't be quite to tight, but I know Derek is going to be sad to not spend all day with his Daddy. These two are definitely the best of friends and I wouldn't have it any other way, but if you have any ideas of how to deal with the impending separation anxiety that is going to happen please feel free to send them my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment