It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Monday, February 1, 2010

ZUMBA!

So this past week or so I have started a new exercise class ZUMBA. So for those of you that really know me you know that I really don't love to exercise for several different reasons. First I hate the fact that (up until just recently, because I have no job) I had to exercise at night or get up at the crack up of dawn. I hate having to shower two times a day, and I really don't like being sore for a couple of weeks. Now for those of you that really really know me that some of these reasons would go away if I would just do an exercise program for longer than 2-3 weeks. Well now I've lasted about 1 1/2 weeks and I honestly am liking this class. It is basically Latin dancing with some crazy stuff added to it spend up really really fast. And for all of you asking yourself, yes I'm terrible at it but it is fun. I go with my sister who is in way better shape than I am and probably doesn't get nearly as good of a workout as I do, but luckily she is a great supporter. They offer free daycare so I can't use Derek as my excuse, so there you go. I look like a total idiot but I don't really care and if anybody else is in that class and worried about what I'm doing or how totally ridiculous I look like well then they need to get a life. So if your looking for something new give ZUMBA a try.

6 comments:

Rob and Emmalee said...

Hi Nikki! I've heard of ZUMBA. It looks like a lot of fun. Good luck on your new work out choice!

Sorena said...

You go girl!!!

Stacy said...

I LOVE Zumba!!! Where are you going? I go to Golds and I love Kass' class! If you are at golds we should hook up for Zumba and look retarded together!

The Sauls Family said...

I have some friends who swear by Zumba. I think dancing is a great way to lose weight. When I was in college, I tool ballroom dancing lessons three times a week, plus I would go clubbing almost every Saturday night (when there wasn't a Singles Dance). I was in the best shape of my life.

Have fun!

Corey and Nikki Preston said...

Stacy,
I'm actually at at a new place in Spanish that only does classes. It is called Elevate. It is in the same complex as Albertson's. So it is close but not Gold's. Just cheaper

Susan said...

You go girl.. All it takes is the guts to get started and to heck with what you look like while you are "exercising" if anyone complains...tell them to "kiss your grits!" My personal goal is to lose 30 pounds by the end of May now that I can start back walking again !! Who knew that "exercise" would turn out to be a fun thing !!