It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Derek's 2 year Doctor Appointment

So yesterday we had Derek's 2 year appointment. I was a little anxious for this one, just because of his past history. Ever since we moved to Salem we have not had any of the stomach problems that we were having this time last year. Just a couple of months ago I was so excited because Derek was starting to look like he was really starting to gain weight but much to my dismay he hit a big growth spurt and thinned out again. He weights 24 lbs 8 oz. and is 36 inches long, that equals out to 90% for his height but only 11% for his weight. He is still doing good and we are going to do the best we can to keep his calorie intake up (just in case you don't know Derek is a extremely picky eater). The sad part is I wish I had a BMI I would be looking good. Well just thought I would give you the update. Thank you all for all your love and support in helping us raise our little boy! Man I love this kid.

3 comments:

Nancy Seaman said...

Thanks for the update! Have you started toliet training? Winter is not the best time to do it.

Corey and Nikki Preston said...

No, we won't start potty training for probably at least another 6 months, he is just very far from ready he still hates having is diaper changed.

Sorena said...

I think Derek looks great. I have had children in the 10% and they have been just fine.
He is sure a cutie!!!