It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

I think I've reached Scrooge Status

So it is already December 3rd and I still haven't put up my Christmas decorations. I used to be that person that had everything taken care of by the saturday after Thanksgiving but this year between my work schedule for Black Friday, saturday and of course the mounting piles of paperwork that follows and Corey's two jobs, fire academy, oh yea and don't forget that we have a son to take care of. So yea I'm dreading taking the the tree out just to find out that none of my lights work or honestly that I just have to spend the whole day doing something when I could be playing with my son and husband. The sad part is that I have the beautiful house that I'm dying to decorate but honestly I just don't want to spend the time. Anybody got any ideas? Anyways well this is my rant and when Derek is 16 and reads this he will definately will laugh his head off. Oh well!

3 comments:

Carol said...

ooooh, you better watch out! You're beginning to sound like your wonderful mother-in-law when she lived in Georgia. Now that's scary when she's decorated and you haven't.

Nancy Seaman said...

Put on some Christmas music and invite homesick missionaries over to decorate. That's what we did for years, especially when Donald was out of the country.

Susan said...

Many years I felt the same as you do right now... I used to feel so guilty.. but, guess what..!! The thing my kids remember most about our Christmas time was not the decorations, but just being able to be together.. Remember what is important in the long run and don't stress because "everyone else" is stressing about the holidays. Go hug your youngin and Corey!!