It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Friday, December 25, 2009

To Christmas and beyond

So this month has been full of lots of change. First of all I lost my job about two weeks ago, so needless to say I'm adjusting to being a stay at home mom. This won't be permanent but I'm still enjoying it. It is a change though, there isn't nearly as much structure and schedule to my life right now, and needless to say I've found myself several times just being lazy. I'm sure that will change soon though as we kick the job search into high gear. Corey is still enjoying the fire academy but they are on Christmas break right now, and I won't lie I love it. It is nice to have him home a couple additional nights a weeks even if it is only for two weeks. Christmas was a little different for me, because we had Christmas at our house. I'm always used to having Christmas at my parents. Corey's parents Carol & Joe came over and it has been really fun. Derek was spoiled completely rotten from everyone, all grandparents, parents, hopefully he doesn't remember this much and won't be expecting the same next year. I've attached a few Pictures so that you can first see that I really wasn't a scrooge and got my Christmas decorations and secondly how much fun we had.

I love the fact that he is playing with his toys on top of presents that haven't even been opened

Christmas is going to be awesome!

Daddy and Derek being silly at the Mall

Doesn't he look so big walking with his Grandma, yes that is a Cell Phone he is holding.


Cooking with Mommy!

Happy Birthday Corey! Your favorite Red Velvet Cake.



Where do you go and play when the snow is so deep you can't go outside McDonalds Playplace!!! Plus it is free!




The snow storm that made us go to McDonald's!

The look that Derek gives me quite Frequently!

See I'm not a Scrooge




3 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

Derek is getting so big! Enjoy being at home while you can. Pretty soon there will be at time where you won;t have a choice in the matter. The girls are now to the age where *their* activities keep me on the go even though I'd MUCH rather be at home! ;)

Susan said...

I love you guys so much!!!

Nancy Seaman said...

I love the looks little guys can give. If only we knew what they were thinking!