So I have been back to work for a week now and honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The first day I had a hard time leaving him, but once I got to work I did just fine. For those of you who don't know I work for Shelf Reliance (they build food rotation systems) doing Customer Service. We are almost always really busy, so that makes it better because I'm not so bored. However, I feel really lucky this company hired me knowing full well that I would be going on maternity leave 6 weeks later, and they still gave me a chance. I work with some really neat people and honestly have fun. Ally has been super great about watching Derek and has even had some rough days, but she is always so sweet with Derek and we are lucky to have her. My mom can't seem to get enough of Derek I know this will end some day I'm sure but right now it is actually pretty funny to see her fight with anybody to hold Derek.
It was so neat to watch conference and get to see our new prophet for the first time in his prophetic responsibilities. This was not the first Solemn Assembly that I had participated in, but this was the first time that I think I understood truly what was going on. I'm always amazed (I don't really know why though) at how the church is so organized and set up. Another testament to prove that the Lord is truly in charge of the church, not man.
Corey once again survived another week of school, actually he loves school. He always has a lot of work to do but I'm pretty sure that he enjoys it. He has done very well and always scores really well on his exams.
We are preparing for the arrival of Corey's parents and Grandmother. They are coming out for Derek’s blessing which will take place this Sunday. I'm so excited but it seems weird to think that this is actually happening. Corey's Mom and Stepdad are also having a big day they are getting sealed. They chose to get sealed in the same temple that Corey and I were sealed in; it will be a great yet busy weekend. This will be Grandmother's first trip to Utah so we will probably be doing the touristy thing at least a little bit.
It was so neat to watch conference and get to see our new prophet for the first time in his prophetic responsibilities. This was not the first Solemn Assembly that I had participated in, but this was the first time that I think I understood truly what was going on. I'm always amazed (I don't really know why though) at how the church is so organized and set up. Another testament to prove that the Lord is truly in charge of the church, not man.
Corey once again survived another week of school, actually he loves school. He always has a lot of work to do but I'm pretty sure that he enjoys it. He has done very well and always scores really well on his exams.
We are preparing for the arrival of Corey's parents and Grandmother. They are coming out for Derek’s blessing which will take place this Sunday. I'm so excited but it seems weird to think that this is actually happening. Corey's Mom and Stepdad are also having a big day they are getting sealed. They chose to get sealed in the same temple that Corey and I were sealed in; it will be a great yet busy weekend. This will be Grandmother's first trip to Utah so we will probably be doing the touristy thing at least a little bit.
1 comment:
Nikki- Your little guy is SO cute. I love his dimples - just like his mom. Congratulations - nothing brings more joy than being a parent. You guys looks like you're doing awesome. It's fun to see your cute little baby. This is Jessica (adamson)by the way
Post a Comment