What an incredible yet exhausting weekend. We blessed our sweet Derek and yes he was sweet. Corey and I were a little nervous because about the time we were ready to leave for church he was still wide awake which probably meant that he would be awake during the blessing, which could mean that he would scream during the whole thing. A mothers worst nightmare right? Well luckily on or short little drive to the church, all 2 blocks, he fell asleep and stayed that way until they said Amen for the blesssing.
The blessing was amazing however I don't really have a whole lot of pictures right now, because they are all on my Dad's camera so most pictures will come during a later post.
This picture is of one of my good friends from my mission Elder Clark and his wife served in Tifton GA while I was there and I became very close with them, unfortunately Sis. Clark Passed away 2 years ago but i still stay in touch with Elder Clark. I was so honored that he would come all the way down from Idaho for the blessing and the sealing.
This weekend also Carol and Joe were sealed in the temple and Corey and I were honored to be there escorts. It brought back so many memories of our wedding day. As we were getting carol ready in the Brides room (the exact room where I got ready) I had many flashback memories of my mom helping me get ready and how excited I was. Being married to Corey has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. Carol and Joe were taught a lot of things, during there sealing and many of them I can use in my marriage as well. It was a small sealing only about 8 people total so it was a real intimate setting.
Grandmother has been able to see some things that she never has before. We took her to Salt Lake on Friday where she got to see the Tabernacle, SLC Temple, Conference Center and the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was fun to see her get excited about these things and that she finally got a chance to see it all. What a special event in her life as well.
5 comments:
What a great picture of Elder Clark! He looks really good.
I'm glad Grandmom is having a good time. It's neat seeing all of those places for the first time.
He truly is the eighth most adorable baby in the whole wide world. We all,especially Jed, look forward to meeting him.
Hey congratulations guys. It sounds like y'all had a great weekend. Derek is a cutie pie. Travis says he looks like Granddad:)
Hey Nikki, Here is my current address. 11 St. Andrews Place, Edwardsville IL 62025. We will only be here until the 24 of May but after that you can always send stuff to Mom's house. I would love for y'all to come visit me at Disney. I would wait until Derek is old enough to walk though. It gets tough to carry them around all day :)
K....Nikki Derek is SOOOOOOO adorable! I love him so much! He is definately the cutest Nephew Ever!!!!
Post a Comment