This year Derek had another first. His first T-ball team, he had so much fun and loved being able to play on the same team as his cousin Annistyn. At first he was honestly terrible but by the end he was actually becoming much better. He isn't nearly as afraid of the ball now. It was so fun to see him grow up like this. I so hope that he develops a love for sports, I don't know if it is in his cards but I can hope. I personally believe that sports help develop skills that can only be developed while being on a team. He is already asking when he can play again, so Soccer here we come. Although the one thing I didn't like, it can consume your life. He started t-ball the same week that Jake was born and with two games a week, a practice once a week, and the games always at dinner time I was quite burned out by the end of week six. Luckily soccer is only 4 weeks so hopefully it won't be quite so consuming, plus I won't have a brand new baby this time. So bring it on and wear out my little five year old he needs chances to use all that pent up energy.
| Showing us his #14 shirt! |
| He was always so excited when it was his turn to hit. |
No comments:
Post a Comment