It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Random Pictures of Derek

I just couldn't help myself with all the funny Random things my little Derek does he just makes me laugh.  Derek is in this stage of not just 20 questions but 400 questions an hour, but at least he just wants to know.  I just wish he would believe us when we give him an answer.  It amazes me that I can have a full conversation with him and he can grasp pretty much the whole thing. 

He was so proud to have his little tricycle hitched to the big tricycle like daddy's truck.

Derek found this picture that Corey drew when he was probably 5 or 6 years old of a fire engine.  Yes Corey knew back then that he wanted to be a fireman, and he did just that.  Derek is so proud of his Daddy he had to have us hang this in his room right over his bed.

This is what happens when you study Indians in Preschool you come home looking like this.

Derek was so proud of himself that he could draw daddy a picture and then write Daddy's name, (I had to tell him how to spell it but he did it all by himself.   I think he did a pretty good job for a 4 year old

On our way to Wyoming for Papa Joe's Funeral.  He got a Cherry Limeade from Sonic and is watching a movie and he is content, and so were his parents because it was quiet.  
 Derek still struggles with understanding that his Papa Joe is not coming back, he keeps telling me that I just need to call him and tell him to leave Heaven and come back to Grandma Carol's house. It breaks my heart, but also warms it because I know how much he loved his PaPa and how grateful I am for the short time that they had together. Don't worry buddy one day you will be able to see him again, Mommy Promises.



No comments: