It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My New Hobby


Over the past year I have taken up a new hobby, crocheting.  I decided one day that I needed, to make me some new washrags, since they were always my favorite, however, mine were trashed.  So a little background on this hobby of mine.   A long time ago (like back when I was about 10-12 years old), my Grandma Ann who made gorgeous Afghans tried to teach me to crochet.  Needless to say I wasn't very good and my first washcloth turned out to be round, from missing so many stitches.  So last summer I started again, and this time it was much better.  I'm  sure part of it is maturity and a greater knowledge of attention to detail and being will to just count the stitches.  So I made a few washclothes they turned out pretty good and I decided I wanted to try something else, so I thought that I would try to do a baby blanket.  I had just found out that my sister was pregnant so she was my guinea pig.  I was actually impressed with how it turned out, and decided to try it again, and made one for one of my very dear friends Kari, who after several years was finally going to have another baby.  I knew that I wasn't going to be able to be there for this baby's blessing day (she lives in California) so I thought maybe this way there would be a part of me there.  I'm now working on another one, and honestly this has become so much fun for me.  It is relaxing and I can do it anywhere (including the car).  I have done a couple of edged blankets and those are fun and fast, but these blankets feel like such a sense of accomplishment.   

Hattie's Blessing Blanket, I chose a little bit more of a girlie pattern.


Same blanket as above, the lighting is making it look pink.



Baby Bryan's



This blanket was Kari's, it is really big, and well took a while, but I was so proud of it once I was finished and I hope Baby Bryan feel warm and loved in it when he is bless.

 



2 comments:

Carol said...

What beautiful blankets! Anyone would be proud to be the recipient of one of your blankets.

Kris and Sam said...

You are both talented and gorgeous!