It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Campout in the Living Room

So this year we decided we would spend just a little bit of our tax return money on getting us some camping supplies, and then maybe just maybe we would get to take small family vacations this summer.  So we bought it a couple of days ago, and Corey decided that we better put it together just to make sure that we had all the parts.  I came home from work to find this big tent set up in my family room.  We decided with much encouragement from Derek that we would have a slumber party in the tent that night.  We went and borrowed some sleeping bags from my parents (we still haven't bought those yet) and we had a slumber party.  Honestly the best part of the whole thing was, no TV.  We just played together as a family and we loved it.  Now the sleeping was so great, and I will admit that I got up in the middle of the night and went and slept on my own bed, because well I'm the Mom and I could.  Derek absolutely loved it, slept really well in his sleeping bag and we had a blast.  Hope you enjoy the pictures. 
He's trapped
We pulled out the fishing game, and Derek got really pretty good.

1 comment:

emily+brett said...

this is so fun. brett loves to do this with steele too. we turn all the lights out and have a lantern and just sing songs. steele is still too young to sleep in the tent. i don't think he'd fall asleep.