It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Just a thought....

Just as a reminder this is a part journal, and scrapbook for myself and my children.  I hope that I can pass on at least a few of the lessons I've learned onto them.

I saw this on someone elses blog and it really hit me.  (This person has had some experiences happen to her recently, that I couldn't imagine going through, and just the thought of it brings me to tears.  Yet, she has been resilient and such an example of faith.  I'm sure she has her hard times, but she has helped me become more thankful for what I do have.)  Sometimes we are always wondering why something is happening to us or others.  This seemed to help me realize that everyone has these moments.  This is a quote from the April 2010 General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

President Uchtdorf: "Often the deep valleys of our present will be understood only by looking back on them from the mountains of our future experience. Often we can’t see the Lord’s hand in our lives until long after trials have passed. Often the most difficult times of our lives are essential building blocks that form the foundation of our character and pave the way to future opportunity, understanding, and happiness."

Sometimes I forget that the Lord is helping me mold myself into the person I want to become, my prayer and hope is that I let him.  I know that I have so far to go, but I pray that the Lord will help me make those right decisions, so that if nothing else my children will have me as a good example.   I keep asking myself hundreds of times why Corey and I keep experiencing it seems like the same challenges, one of our biggest challenges seems to be employment and maintaining it.  However, I wouldn't change it for a minute.
1- We have seen the promises of our bishop and my father come full circle, when they both counseled us to "no matter what" pay our tithing  and truly "pour you out a blessing, that there has not been room enough to receive it." (Malachi 3:10)
2- Because of the time that Corey was unemployed and played Mr. Mom, Corey and Derek are now best buddies.
3- I've learned the art of being "cheap"
4- We had to accept help on occasion but also had to feel the burden of paying it back and forward.
5- Corey and I have found that date night hasn't had to be expensive, just there.
6- Corey and I have realized that most of the things that we thought were important really aren't, and found new priorities in our lives.
7- I have realized that there are always someone who is worse off than me, and most of the time they are having a better attitude that me.  How grateful I am for those who set amazing examples of love, kindness, and testimony for me, regardless of their circumstances in life.
7- Most importantly I have learned that my husband really will listen and love me no matter what.  Even on those days when I wake up crying because of our situations, or fears.  He doesn't care, he just holds me, let me cry (even if why I'm crying is because of him), and reaffirms his love for me and his testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He reminds me that most of the time we don't know how it is going to be okay, but he just knows that the Lord listens and hears our prayers, and because we are living the best that we can (not because we are perfect) he will bless us. 

I don't know if we will ever know why we have to experience the things that we do, but I'm truly grateful for my family and friends who support me the best they can through everything.  I know that sometimes I may not like the advise or counsel that is given but I probably needed to hear it.  But most importantly you at least cared enough to try.  I know because of these experiences, trials, hard times, or whatever you want to call them, I have a chance to become a better person.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thank you for the beautiful words of encourgement and your living testimony of what you and I both believe. How grateful I am that you are the wife of my only child and a wonderful mother to my sweet grandchild.