It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!



So this fireman costume was what we were trying to get him to wear for Halloween, however, Derek had other plans.  The night before we put this on him, and man was it a task.  Don't let his friendly happy face fool you, he was a pain in the toosh.

On Halloween, I tried to get him in his costume and there was no convincing him that he needed to be a Fireman, he insisted on being Thomas the Train.  This costume came via Grandma Carol last Christmas, all I can say is that at least we had a costume on him.  I just didn't want to be that parent, who didn't even dress up their kid.  That night was actually really rainy and right before we left to go to the Trunk r Treat it was super cold and hailing.  Luckily it cleared up right before it started.  It was dark and cold but at least the kids weren't wet.

 Annistyn was a darling Cinderella, and was so excited to get candy!  Derek ran so far ahead of me I missed my shot of him knocking on Grandma's door, luckily I could keep up with Annistyn because her shoes were to big and she couldn't run very fast.

It took Derek a little bit to understand that you weren't suppose to eat the candy as soon as it got put in your bucket, you were suppose to wait until you got home.
Trying to get a picture of both of these two together sometimes can be quite a chore, today was no exception, they never wanted to look at the camera at the same time, oh well!
These buckets were way full by the end of the night.

These girls are in my ward and I just had to take a picture of them!  I thought that they looked so good all dressed up together.  Just proves you can still have fun with Halloween, even if you are to old to go trick-r-treating

1 comment:

Nancy Seaman said...

Our weather was perfect. We don't get kids here for obvious reasons, but the trunk or treat had about 175 people. Derek looks adorable no maatter what he is wearing.