It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Memorial Day 2010


I realize that this is a little late considering the fact that June is almost over, oh well.  On Memorial day we went with my Parents, Cedar, and Annistyn to This is The Place State Park.  We had so much fun, luckily we went first thing in the morning because by afternoon it was quite warm and very crowded.  However, we decided that next time we go we will go without the kids so that we can do a lot more.  We did have so much fun and here are quite a few pictures from our adventure.

They had a pony rides for the kids well they had a blast.  This is Derek getting a riding lesson from his Daddy.
The kids were having so fun and they just wanted to do it again.
Yee Haw!!
The weekend was baby animal days, so the kids were able to pet and hold many of the baby animals including these baby goats.
Petting the mama sheep, they were a little bigger and Derek was a little hesitant for a while.

Derek was a little scared of the bunny at first but soon Grandma talked him into trying it and he quite liked it.
The baby lambs were so fun for the kids, these little lambs were only about 2-3 days old, we all felt bad though because just about a week and half later their barn burned down due to a heat lamp, poor animals.
Don't worry PaPa took him down to pet the snakes because I certainly wasn't going to.
This is the view from the top of the property, it is so pretty up there and you could see the whole Salt Lake Valley, now I know why Brigham Young when he got here said "This is the right place, drive on." I love Utah, it is my home and where I grew up, and it is where I hope I can always live and raise my children.  You can ride a very little train that wraps around this pond.  The kids loved it.
Derek got to ride the little train with PaPa, he loved it. 

Hope ya'll enjoy the pictures. 

1 comment:

Nancy Seaman said...

Looks like a beautiful, fun place. It reminds me of a place in PA we used to go picnic.