It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.
Monday, June 29, 2009
What I learned in Church Yesterday!
Yesterday we had Stake Conference and we had a General Authority come speak to us Elder Bruce C. Hafen. He was incredible but honestly it was his wife who spoke for just a few short minutes who made me think the hardest. She was telling a story about an extended family member who had made some pretty serious mistakes in the eyes of the church and her family, but who had gone through the steps of repentance learned from her mistakes and was doing well. Then she said this "The only dumb mistake is the one that we don't learn from." She made the point that the Lord put us on this earth to learn and well that is going to include learning the hard way. Since none of us are perfect and we are all going to make mistakes, and the Lord set it up this way, the only dumb mistake is the one that we don't learn from. I have thought about this a lot and realized that this is how I want to teach my little Derek. He will make mistakes and make some bad choices but as long as he learns from them and makes himself a better person than he will be doing OK. I know that I have made many a mistake and probably have made a few dumb ones because I've made the same mistake a few times but now I think that my view on it is a little different which hopefully will help me become a better person. Anyways I thought I would share what I learned in church today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, thank goodness we can learn from dumb mistakes and that we can be given a second and a third and a fourth chance for those of us who are stubborn.
What a great lesson to think about. I am also learning how important it is to keep looking forward and not get bogged down in the past.
Post a Comment