It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year's Resolution

Last night I went to a viewing for family friend. She lost her battle with cancer that she had been fighting for something like 10 years. This got me thinking as we got to the funeral home 15 minutes before the viewing suppose to begin there was already about a 30 - 45 minute wait. There were so many people there and of course there was just many little comments about how wonderful of a person she was. This got me thinking about what would i be remembered as. Pam was a wonderful woman who made friends everywhere she went and was just such a happy person, would I be remembered like that? Now I'm not as outgoing by far as she was nor am I as happy but I would hope that I could still be remembered as a happy positive person. However, I'm normally a little pessimistic (also known as a realist) but maybe I just need to have a little bit of an attitude adjustment. Always looking on the bright side, and just overall deciding to be a happier person. So this is my New Years Resolution. To try to always consciously be a happier person even when times are tough. This can go along with all my other goals of losing weight (don't worry I have this one every year), pay off debt, and build more of a savings account. But I honestly think that this goal just might be the goal that actually could make me a better person both physically, emotionally, and spiritually. So I'm saying this publicly and then maybe I have to hold myself to a little higher stander and keep track of it more.

No comments: