It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted - my rants read at your own risk

So I voted today and honestly I'm not so sure how I feel about it. I am somebody who has honestly not liked either canidate. The Canidate that I did like was Mitt Romney (and no not just because he was LDS). I felt like he was honest, sincere, and somebody that I would actually trust. I look back and do I like exactly where this country is at right now NO, but do I think Al Gore or John Kerry would have done better, absolutely NOT!!! So I guess I just wonder, where can we actually find a good canidate that will look out for me not the party, not there money, and not just their special interest. My answer to this is I don't know and I don't think that we will ever have that canidate but we can always Pray. Obama doesn't have the experience, but either does Sarah Palin, so is who better. Just because Obama is black does that mean that he should automatically be voted for just because your black? What is you are apart of the military should you automatically vote for McCain? Of course the answer to this obviously No, but unfortunately this is what many people will base their vote on. I'm honestly wishing we could have a election where their were no picures of the canidates and no history, just their positions on the issues. Kind of like voting for a bond or not; do you like it or not. This is not a plea for answers but my opportunity to express my discust in politics today.
I like the idea of the tax cuts for the poor, but well is that only because I'm broke. What if I was rich would I like the idea the Robin Hood idea. I found myself voting for a library bond, only because I kept having dumb people come to my door and telling me why my little town didn't deserve a library. But honestly what town doesn't need a good updated library no matter where you are at. If you build it they will come, Right?
So what did you do today?
PS as of this posting Corey hasn't voted yet.

1 comment:

Rowley's said...

Nikki, this is Lenae (kingston) Rowley. Your family is adorable! I am totally heart sick about politics. I've studies, I've prayed and I voted and I'm ready for whatever is thrown at us! Maybe we can hope for Mitt in the future!