It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Friday, September 5, 2008

okay we are still alive

So much has happened in the last couple of weeks first of all Derek is Teething. He now has two teeth and well he makes sure that the rest of the world knows it. Actually he is better during the day than at night. Lately he has been waking up screaming bloody murder, I swear the neighbors think that we are physically abusing him. He will scream for about an hour sometimes more, and then he will finally crash, he stays asleep for about 1-2 hours and it starts all over again. I'm about to be completely exhausted. Derek is up and sitting all by himself and he almost gets mad when he doesn't get to sit by himself. Although he is starting to become a little bit of a mama's boy and well I'm not sure that I'm okay with that
We took our first family vacation over labor day, OK so we went for the night up to park city, and well the only reason we could afford to stay at where we did was because we sat through there time share meeting, don't worry we didn't buy anything although we wished that we could have. However, we have quite figured out how we got out of park city with out taking any pictures but somehow we did.


I am so proud of my sisters they both finish a half-marathon a couple of weeks ago. They did so well. Corey met them at about mile 10 and gave them Popsicles and needless to say they were loving Corey at this point in time, But they did something that I know first hand is a rough thing to do.

I was so excited my Best Friend Jenny came from Hawaii to bless there new baby girl Sandee. She is so pretty and well we have already decided that her and Derek can get married one day. She hadn't seen Derek yet and so it was really fun to see them again.
This is how Corey does laundry when he has Derek duty, pretty ingenious don't you think. We are getting excited to have Carol and Joe come out for a visit and even more excited to be able to go out there in May to see so many of our family and friends.

3 comments:

emily+brett said...

As always, Derek is the cutest thing ever. He is getting so big and I can not believe he is sitting up! What a fun age.

The Sauls Family said...

Man, that is one Corey-looking kid! :D He's a cutie, though.

Arlene Heiner said...

okay, I can't believe that is Derek in that first picture, he is getting so big. Can you believe how fast they grow up. Don't Blink