It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

She's here - Emmalynn Grace Preston

It's still so weird to think that we have a little girl in our family.  I was so ready for her to come and starting 37 weeks I was trying anything and everything to get her to come but we were failing.  About 38 3 days I had given up and realized that I was just going to have to just wait for our scheduled c section at  39 weeks.  But 38 weeks 4 days Wednesday August 17th everything changed. I hadn't had any contractions for a couple days. Then all of the sudden at about 10 o clock at night my water broke. Now it didn't break with a huge gush, instead it was this little trickle and I honestly thought that I had just peed my pants. It took me and Corey a few minutes to realize what was happened and then it hit me, I'm probably going to have this baby tonight.   So we hurriedly got a few things put together and called our neighbors the Houstons and they sent their teenage daughters over.  Soon we were on our way to the hospital. With everything that had happened during this pregnancy this drive felt very familiar.  I could hardly believe that my baby was actually going to come today. On our Way over to the hospital because Corey's mom Carol and told her she was probably coming tonight so if she wanted Mabey to prepare to come a little earlier than she had planned to might want to pack a bag and prepare to leave in the morning.
When we got to the hospital around 11 they checked me and they couldn't tell for sure if my water had actually broke but I was already at a five so as the nurse put it she wasn't letting me go home tonight. But of course we were still waiting for the final call from the doctor. Next thing I knew an anesthesiologist was coming in and asking about my tolerance for a spinal block. This was going to be my second and my third cesarean section.  By this Point the contractions have started pretty intense and I was hoping the doctor was going to come sooner than later as I really didn't want to have to endure labor for very long and then have surgery on top of that.  The doctor initially wanted to wait a little longer because I had just eaten dinner just a couple hours earlier but the nurse convinced him that we needed to do it now because my contractions were coming strong and quickly.  Surgery was scheduled for 1 AM and at 1:09 am Thursday August 18, 2016 Emmalynn Grace Preston entered this world. She was 9lbs 11oz 20 inches long.  This C-section was by far the easiest C-section and easiest recovery and they asked me how I was doing and I said I was doing well but we'll see what happens after everything starts I didn't know that the baby was seconds from coming out.  I had an amazing anesthesiologist that reminded me to stay calm and everything would be just fine because it doesn't matter how many times you do this it's still nerve-racking.  I had lots of firsts with this little girl first time I ever got to have skin to skin contact right after the baby was born first time I got to be a part of her first baby bath on the first time that I got to see her so quickly.  The boys always had breathing problems and had to be rushed away but she was perfect no problems whatsoever and Corey as soon as she was wrapped up Brad or Wright to me later right next to my head and I saw my little girl for the very first time.  As soon as they were about to wheel me back to my room they help me have skin to skin contact with her it was such a neat special experience I've never had this before something I always wanted but didn't think I could ever have because I had a C-section things are different with a different hospital and this was something that was special to me.  




The next couple of hours after she was born seems like such a whirlwind we hurried and she was able to latch on and nurse and she nursed really well. They transferred me to a mother and baby room I got the last one in the hospital and they brought in the doctor and people nurse to bathe her and did it all in my room.  It was neat I have never been a part of that experience Corey always was because he was in the nursery with the baby while I was getting stitched up I never got it it was wonderful to at least watch it and see.  By the time everything will settle down and relax and that was about 5 AM we went to sleep and Corey soon had to wake up to go relieve the babysitter so they could get ready for school projects and you get the kids ready for the day and take it over to my moms to be babysat.

While Corey was gone we received our first visitor my dad came bringing beautiful flowers and seeing his little baby Emmy.  You see this baby is named after his mom, and well there is a special bond between these two.  Grandma Emmy died in 1998, she will be blessed in a dress that was worn by his dad Hod, my dad Mark, myself and now her.  She has a special place in her papa's heart.  
Corey brought the boys back to visit and see their new little sister I was exhausted but it was sure fun to see their reaction to her. Jake is really kind of out of whack and it wasn't until the very end of the visit that even won a dollar you could tell he was noticing that everything was different. Derek was so excited he could hardly stand it couldn't quit smiling the whole time and loved holding his little sister.


We had amazing doctors and nurses the whole time food wasn't too bad. Corey actually had paid time off this time and it felt so less stressful instead of worrying about whether or not or how we were going to pay bills while he was missing work.  This has definitely been our best delivery ever. A good way to end.

I could hardly believe that all the sudden I had three kids I was about to take another one home. This special little girl with all of her chubby cheeks has stolen our hearts and we are so excited for her to be part of our family.
Her going home outfit.  Loving all the bows and frills that go with her. 

No comments: