It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My hardest pregnancy

I hate being pregnant and knowing this was my last pregnancy thrilled me.  I know I'm suppose to enjoy it and embrace all the changes to my body, but since I'm already overweight and then I give birth to really big babies I become the size of a house. I'm always so sick and really good uncomfortable.  But this pregnancy there were even more complications.  Emmalynn wasn't that nice.  During week 32 I started having lots of contractions and pain like I had never experienced before.  I initially chalked it up to Braxton Hicks but soon I couldn't deny it something was really wrong.  It was a Tuesday morning and I was suppose to go with all the youth to take them down to Manti for youth conference and baptisms for the dead, but that didn't happen.  Instead, Corey and I went to the hospital.  After some painful tests, an ultrasound, 3 IV bags, and being monitored for 6 hours they told me I probably was passing a kidney stone and was dehydrated.  I accepted this diagnosis, but it didn't sound right to me.  Five days later I left church early because the pain was back but this time it was so much worse.  I talked to my doctor and he thought it might have been hydronephrosis.  Which is basically the baby is pushing on my ureter (which is th tube that goes from my kidney to my bladder) at this point little Emmy was still in a breach position.  This time they were able to confirm that diagnosis and it felt much better to me.  She didn't want to move this time though and kept causing my body to have major contractions. They were remaining at about 2 minutes apart and I was getting nervous that this baby was going to be delivered to early.  They gave me a pain killer which relaxed my body enough to slow the contractions down.  Emmy remained on my ureter but would move randomly which was nice.  About 35 weeks she finally flipped to a head down position, and all that pain and fear went away but it was a stressful couple of weeks.  Somehow I knew something was going to be different though.  Starting at about 28 weeks I felt like I should get my bags packed and everything in order.  I'm glad that she didn't come to early but more about that later.  

No comments: