It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Monday, October 24, 2011

An Update

So these last several weeks have been quite hectic for our family.  At the beginning of September Derek started Preschool Boo hoo.  He just didn't even care when he walked in and honestly I walked out almost bawling.  I was so excited to see him grow up and move to the next stage in life, but I was so sad.  I'm really losing my little boy, he is growing up.  Derek has such a personality these days, we have full conversations and we argue with real words, sometimes I catch myself wondering if it was better when I didn't know what he was saying. 



Derek's First Day of Preschool
Another thing that has happened for us recently was that we moved.  We finally got the chance to move into our new apartment. We were so excited to finally get this all taken care of.  Thank you to Nate and Jen for letting us store all of our extra stuff that wont fit in your basement.  That really helped out a lot.  During our move though a terrible thing happened I broke my foot.  Me being so tired of dragging boxes down the stairs and honestly just being in a hurry and kind of a bad mood, I fell down the stairs to break my foot.  I had to go get x-rays and everything, but all I can say is for that whole time that Corey was laid off and we didn't have health insurance at least we did have insurance now.  Now I get to walk around with this ugly thing for the next several weeks. Oh well, I guess it could be worse right? 
This thing is starting to get obnoxious!
We are finally starting to get all settled into our home.  This last weekend we actually headed to Wyoming and were able to get a few things done for Carol and Joe.  We also brought back Blaze.  Blaze is Corey's dog that we had when we first got married.  For the last 4 years Blaze has been living with Carol and Joe, since we couldn't find an apartment that was within our price range and not in a terrible neighborhood that would accept pets.  But we finally have changed that situation.  Corey is so excited to have his dog back and Derek won't leave her alone.  Derek thinks Blaze should be his little buddy that follows him around.  Well Blaze is now 7 years old and she doesn't have same spunk that the little puppy does that also lives at the house where we are renting the apartment.  Roxy is only a couple months old, she is cute and spunky.  Blaze on the other hand is still spunky, but only when she wants to be and that normally only happens when they are outside and she is finding new things.
Corey and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary, luckily we celebrated a couple of weeks before, since I broke my foot the night of our anniversary moving!  I know that is how all of you plan on celebrating your next anniversary!  Corey took me to see the play Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-coat and we went to the Cheesecake Factory.  The play was incredible, the food was really good, and well the cheesecake was divine.  We had a wonderful time, and it was so nice to just to spend some time together by ourselves.  
So that is the nutshell version of our lives, but at least I have gotten everybody up to date!







No comments: