So a couple weekends ago was the Father and Son's Camping trip at Bennion Creek Campground up Spanish Fork Canyon. . This was the first year that Corey got to take Derek and they were so excited. They set up their little tent, and were just so excited to be able to go and spend some quality time together. Because this was a church activity, of course there were other friends involved as well. They had so much fun, and Derek just thought that he was king of the world. They grilled hotdogs, ate junk food and were just so excited. That night they had a fireside where some of the BYU football players came and talked about some of their missionary experiences they had had being on the team. Corey was really enjoying the meeting, but Derek was not. Eventually he turned to Corey and said that it was time for church to be over, because he wanted to go back to the tent and go to sleep. I know it was late, but I couldn't help but laugh when he told me that. Unfortunately they were really cold that night, but they stuck it out and survived. Unfortunately there were many other families who came from our ward who got lost and ended up going home. I'm so glad that wasn't my husband because they just had so much fun, and Derek talked about it for weeks. The next morning the church provided a huge pancake breakfast which of course loved. Pancakes are his favorite just in case any of you were wondering. After breakfast they went hiking and then packed up and came home. Of course as soon as they showered they jumped in the beds and took a nap, I guess it is really true there is no place like home. Some have asked how I did while my boys were gone, well that is a whole new post but lets just say that the play "Wicked" was incredible and I enjoyed my girls weekend just as much if not more than they did their camping adventure.
 |
| Looks like they scoped out a great spot. |
 |
| These are the Marbles and they live next door to us. These boys and Derek are best friends and we feel so lucky to have them as neighbors I know they had so much fun together. |
 |
| Lots of tents and campers! |
 |
| Getting ready for the Church fireside, Derek did good for a while, but he could only handle so much church when he is suppose to be camping. |
 |
| Derek's absolute favorite part of camping was playing the fishing game. He slept in this hat and of course several layers of Jammy's, and they were still cold, poor boys. |
|
|
2 comments:
Oh that looks like so much fun! I loved going on Mother/Daughter camping trips. Great memories :)
Loved the pictures and the blog. They put a big smile on my face. I think I recognize the beanie on Derek's head. Looks like one that I gave Corey one time. I'm sure the guys loved their time together.
Post a Comment