It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Friday, January 8, 2010

My Word!

Today I read a blog of a woman (natalienortonphoto.blogspot.com) of a woman who lost a battle for her sons life. I found this blog from a link from another who said that her entries were incredible and that she needed our prayers. But in the blog she had so much faith in the Lord. Now I wonder would I have been as strong as she was and continues to be. I'm still crying as I think about it. She continues to praise God even through these hardest hours. I know sometimes my life (to me anyways) seems very difficult but it is people like these that remind it can always be worse and I get to decide how I react to it. How grateful I am for a Father in Heaven who loves us so much that he will make it possible for us to conquer these horrible challenges and come out stronger. I know this from experience and even though I still don't have a job, and I haven't had any really good leads yet, I'm strong knowing that somehow it will work out. HE LOVES US!! I know that this is a beginning of a year and this is the time to make new promises to ourselves, make goals, so this year the word I'm choosing to try to define what I want to do this year is "Strength" I want to be a woman of Strength to be a woman who could conquer challenges as significant as these (even though I hope to all ends that I never have to). I want to be a strong woman inside and our spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Just recognizing that you want the strength to endure "whatever" is half the battle...

Nancy Seaman said...

That word is great. It can have so many different meanings.

Carol said...

How grateful I am that you are my daughter. Though I didn't give birth to you, you are the daughter I would have wished for. You are a part of my life in that you love the son I bore. You are strong in that you have deep commitments to yourself, to your marriage and to your motherhood and your convictions. You are strong and you can and will make it through anything you set your mind to. I love you.

Bruce Polly Billings said...

Hey I just found your blog, I love it. Thanks for letting me take a peek. I'm new to this blog world but you can check mine out...give me some tips. pollybdi.blogspot.com