It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

It has been a long time

Well I know that it has been a long time but honestly I thought that my life would get less complicated when I was able to go part-time but the fact is that it just wasn't it seems like it has only gotten busier. I'm not complaining right now I have to say that life is going quite well. Derek has been doing awesome growing like a weed and actually putting on weight. He loves to eat these days. He will eat his dinner and then a good majority of mine a lot of the time. I can't say that I'm complaining because well it is obvious I need to eat less and he is allowed to eat whatever and whenever he wants. Eventually that might have to change but for right now it okay.
Last month Corey was accepted onto the Salem City Volunteer Fire Department. He is so excited and the best part is that they are sponsoring him to go to the Fire Academy. So he gets to live his dream again once more but they are paying for it yippee! This does mean that he is gone one more night a week but honestly I'm okay with it. Corey has done so much and sacrificed so much for our family. He is working at Pizza Hut still just so that I get to work part-time and stay at home with Derek. I love him for this, it honestly has made me a happier person. So when he gets to go one night a week to play fireman and just comes home happy how could I argue. He is still really good about making sure that he is home on the weekends and spends as much time with Derek as he possibly can. Derek is still in love with his Daddy ever since Corey got laid off and even now that he is back at work Derek loves his Daddy and always wants to be with him. It seems like Corey can't get anything done sometimes because Derek is right behind him in tow just wanting to see what Daddy is doing.



These pictures are from labor day when we went to Salt Lake Aquarium, it wasn't bad for Salt Lake but wasn't even close to the caliber of like Atlanta but the kids loved going and seeing the brightly colored fish. Unfortunately the spotlight on Utah's fish wasn't as intriguing trout and brine from the great salt lake for some reason don't have the same appeal.


This picture was from a rough night. Derek had been sick with something we really don't quite know what, we took him to the Doctor and because of his high fever and no other apparent symptoms they thought he had Roseolla but well the fever stayed for 5 days and no rash appeared so it wasn't it but he got better and we are all happier. One night I had been up with Derek for a really long time so Corey came and took a turn when I woke up at about 8am this is what I found on the couch. I thought it was so cute and I had to take a picture sorry it is fuzzy but honestly I didn't dare taken another for fear that it would wake them up.

And this is what I woke up to this morning! I love the hair and the crazy smile! I love being this kids mom!

3 comments:

The Ritchies said...

Hey guys,
My blog is going private if you want an invite send your email address to glenandkristina@gmail.com

Nancy Seaman said...

Such beautiful blond hair. I am so glad he can play fireman again.

Susan said...

I love the pictures that you sent...I have them up in my classroom and get lots of comments on them all the time from my students.. Just send me the real thing next time !!!!