It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas and more

So today I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to do this. We had a wonderful Christmas and even got a video camera so hopefully we will be able to figure out how to use that let alone how to post it for ya'll to see before Derek gets here. It is so interesting how Christmas takes on a whole new meaning after you get married but even more when you know you have a kid on the way. We felt that a little bit last year with Ally but it is even worse I think with Derek coming. We are now six weeks away and boy am I ever counting I am so ready to be done and just have him here. I know we still have a ways to go but well this is Corey's boy so yea I'm as big as a house and it really wouldn't hurt my feeling if he came two weeks early. The doctor says that I am measuring big so we could only happen that it meant that he came early.




This is the Hatch Family Christmas picture which probably many of you have seen, but it is fun to see a little baby. The new neice is Annistyn Faith and she belongs to Cedar and Chris she might just be the prettiest little girl that I have ever seen. It is so much fun to watch to play and coo at everyone. My brother Nate especially has taken a liking to her and it is just now becoming an understood thing that when he is around unless Cedar takes her from him, he will have her in his arms. He is such a good uncle. Dani runs in the door when she comes home from College and says "Where is my baby" it just makes me laugh to watch my family just coo and ahh over her (which is exactly how is should be).
I recently started a new part-time job I just couldn't do full-time with the baby. It has been a nice transition for me and I feel so lucky to have found this job, not many people necessarily want to hire a 8 month pregnant girl knowing she is going to have be gone for several weeks after you hire her. My boss has been so good about everything and they are even talking (nothing set in stone yet) about possibly giving me some work that I could do at home so that they aren't quite so behind while I'm gone and also so that I can have some hours while I'm out on maternity leave. I'm realizing more and more how little I know about babies, I was shocked to find out that you had to have different bottle nipples, pacifers, etc. for all different ages. All sorts of things, I'm just glad that I have my mom close to teach me all of this stuff.
Corey is so excited as the nursey is finally starting to come together. The crib is suppose to be here this next week and we should be able to start getting the last of the finishing things that we need.
Well I guess this is all for now hope ya'll had a great Christmas!

1 comment:

jenn said...

Looks like you had a good Christmas!!! Congrats on the new job!