It's not Happy people who are Thankful; It's Thankful people who are Happy.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Festival of Color's

(These two girls are my babysitters, and I might add the best babysitters I have ever had.)





"In India Holi announces the arrival of spring and the passing of winter. It is a festival that breathes an atmosphere of social merriment. People bury their hatchets with a warm embrace and throw their worries to the wind. Every nook and corner presents a typically colorful sight. Young and old alike are covered with colors (red, green, yellow, blue, black and silver). People in small groups are seen singing, dancing and throwing colors on each other." The pictures above are the aftermath of this festival. This Festival of colors is held at the Kirshna Temple that is just about a mile from my house. Now these are just a few pictures however there were thousands of people (mostly college and high school students) who flocked to the celebration. It is pretty funny yet I know most of them don't understand the meaning behind the celebration, but at least some of them know that they are there to celebrate that we all have differences and that is exactly how God wanted it. I may not be of this faith but I to am so glad to know that we are all created individually as part of our Heavenly Father's plan.





1 comment:

Nancy Seaman said...

We saw this on the amazing race one season. it was insane!